Video for Social Media.
Below is a brief outline of the program.
Who watches videos? What (and whom) do they watch?
- You will learn about the social media video market.
- Together, we will look into case studies, discuss popular video formats and fast-changing preferences of audiences.
The most important thing about a good video: a good story
- You will learn the basics of storytelling for video and animations.
- You will write your own scenario and discuss it with the rest of the team. You will figure out what is a storyboard - and, of course, you will create one.
- You will see the difference and be able to choose between two ways of storytelling: with the help of video and with the help of an animation.
- You will learn how to use online libraries and stocks. We will inform about Creative Commons/Public Domain licensing and how it can be useful for you. Additionally, you will learn how to find and use video fragments without violating copyright laws, and how to let others use your videos without infringing your work.
Telling stories, even without words, is not a mystery, and this means you can learn how to do it. However, you still need people to inspire you, and we will make sure to put you in contact with them.
The most important thing about a good video: After Effects
- Adobe After Effects is the main tool of a videographer. Even if you are not one, you may need to learn about its possibilities in order to write good terms of reference for the production team.
- For those who have only worked with text and Excel sheets, After Effects may look scary. In the reality it is like an Irish Wolfhound: while it looks frightening on the outside, it is the nicest creature on the inside.
- You will learn how to cut and edit scenes, create and voice over your own characters and make near-perfect titles and subtitles. You will also learn about different video formats and their features.
- And finally – as a team, of course - you will create your own video. Our trainers will help you to polish it and we will discuss the results.
After a couple of exercises in After Effects, the reaction the program brings about is inevitably "Wow! What else can I do with it?". For those who are passionately ready to work late into the night, we will run a facultative workshop on this tool.
The most important thing about a good video: the sound
- You will learn how to work with sound, which very often dominates the whole viewer’s impression of moving images.
- We will introduce you to Adobe Audition. It is easy to learn how to use, and yet it is complicated enough to merge tracks, voice over videos or filter an interview recorded on a noisy street. Audition is integrated with After Effects. As they are very similar, this will make the job easier for those who have never done sound editing.
The most important thing about a good video: viewers
- So, you’ve produced the video that you like. What’s next? Of course, sharing it on social media. But where, how, and when? We will learn that together!
- You will hear about positioning and why it is needed even for those who do not sell anything.
- We will talk about different platforms: how Youtube audiences are different from those in VK.com, and VK.com from Facebook and Odnoklassniki. You will learn why you need tools such as Youtube Advertising, and how it is different from an advertising account on Facebook or VK.com. We will discuss features of Facebook Pixel and VK parser.